Friday, September 08, 2006

Grilling

I think I should spend more time outside here. I spend my whole day in my classroom, which has no windows, and then come home and get cracking on work, and never take a moment to appreciate my surroundings. On Thursday night, done with students for the week, Luke decided to fire up the grill in the backyard. When I walked out to join him, the sun was setting--always the most beautiful time of year out here--and everything was bathed in a purple and orange light. I don't always appreciate the layout of our neighborhood (it feels a bit like a development) but from up on our hill, we had a view of the church across the highway, the houses in town, and all the cars headed out along 44. Then, off in the distance we caught a glimpse of heat lightning storm--huge bolts of lightning cracking across the hills. We pulled out a couple of lawn chairs, I turned on some Dylan, and, as the night got darker, enjoyed the burgers and lightning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's illegal, Tim.

Anonymous said...

just put em in brown paper bags...