Sunday, September 17, 2006

Assorted Photos

Nate requested more photos, so I tried to take a bunch recently. By the way, Nate, if you look back in the archives from earlier in the summer you'll see a lot more.

My finally put together bedroom. I think I might rearrange, though, so that when I am sitting at my desk I can look out the window.

Luke and I recently found our house to be infested with very large wasps. Fortunately, they seemed to really like Luke's room. There have been a couple inside my window pane, and one in my room, but the other day Luke killed seventeen in his room, which where then deposited here.

My classroom. Not too pretty, but it gets the job done. I was reading a classroom set-up checklist once, and under lighting it said natural lighting was best. None of that here, thank you, we don't do windows.

Auditorium/cafeteria.

The high school is the upstairs hallway. Off to the right of this photo there is a little squirrel hole that leads underground to the elementary school.

Nate works for a non-profit that builds playgrounds in low-income communities, and I was supposed to send him some photos of our playground. Not much to speak of. Nate, I tried to get a third one, but some kids were playing on the other side of the playground so it will have to wait.

An idea of waht teacher housing is like.

The view down into twown from the front of our house. It's not really captured very well in a photograph, or at least with my photography skills. It's a nice view of the church and the cemetary, though.

The Wanblee Mart, our grocery store and gas station. It is just a blank gray building, completely unidentified by any kind of sign.

No comments: