Friday, July 14, 2006

Good Times in H-Town

A few more photos courtesy of Shannon.

First off, a shot of Moody Towers at sunset. This has been our home all summer. We fit about 600 people in here with plenty of room to spare, so I'm pretty sure these dorms could house the entirity of Haverford College. There is also a dining center inside ("Real Food on Campus"...delicious), so there is little reason to leave the towers. Apparently Moody (also know as "The Mood") was briefly famous for a shooting in the 1970s. A student went off the edge and holed himself off on an upper floor with a sniper rifle. I don't think anyone ended up being hurt, though.


Early on in Houston, we all headed to Minute Maid Park to catch the Astros against the Royals. Pretty crappy game, good times. This is a view of the field from our cheap seats way up. They close the roof when it is hot out, so it is pretty much always an indoor park.


Here is the crew at the game. Front row: Matt Cox, Anna, Kim, Shannon; Second row: Russ (my roommate this summer), Wes, Juliet, Anna (Bryn Mawr gard), Kim, Erin, Matt Douglass; Back row: Luke (my roommate next year), myself, Jeff, Dave, and a random drunk guy who doesn't belong in this photo. The girls actually arrived separately from the guys to the game, and ended up being unable to get tickets in the same section as us. We actually only met up with them in the few minutes before this picture was taken, and left the game right afterwards. For a while we had this weird male-female segregation thing going on. I don't know.


Finally, a shot of a monstrous crawfish I had when we went to the Ragin' Cajun. Excuse the tabasco sauce that is all over my face and hands. As most of my friends know, I am a very messy eater.

No comments: